The Smart Tablet Advantage
Produced by Wasa Medicals in Sweden, The LONICERA tablet matrix gives probiotics an average shelf life advantage of 30 months. The tablets are free from dairy, soy, wheat and gluten, and do not need to be refrigerated.
Embedded in the LONICERA tablet matrix are wholesome and vital, lactic acid bacteria, as well as metabolic vegetable fibres called Inulin, which feed the bacteria ensuring their viability. The strains of the bacteria are clinically chosen to be gastric- and bile acid resistant. The tablet slowly dissolves over 150 minutes as it passes through the stomach and small intestines into the colon for maximum activation.
This ingenious tablet form is produced by a low-compression technology where less than 10% of the conventional compression force is used to ensure the greatest "aliveness" or viability of the bacteria cultures during production. The dry form of the tablet protects, the bacteria within, from humidity and oxidation, which increases probiotic stability.
The tablets are continuously analyzed by independent accredited laboratories and test results show that there is an average of 85% viability of bacteria after one year stored at room temperature, which is significantly higher than the rate of viability in capsules or powder forms of probiotics.
LONICERA Tablet Matrix Benefits
- Maintained viability of the cultures
- Optimal performance in the gastrointestinal tract
- Sustained viability of the cultures
- Delivers viable cultures to the right place in the gastrointestinal tract
- Makes it possible to regulate the disintegration profile
- Contains metabolic fibres that promote growth of the lactobacilli
- Protects the bacteria from the gastric and bile acids
- Makes it possible to use all kinds of lactobacilli or bifido strains